Ditch the Pain
Have you ever been hurt so badly that you thought you’d never feel better ever again and all you wanted to do was ditch the pain?
Are you still holding onto that grief? It seems like nothing but pain and grief has come into our family over the last few years. Lots of important people have passed away and life just kept feeling harder and harder and it hurt more and more. If you had a few bad years and you are holding on to past pain and grief … when maybe it’s time to learn how to let go of the past pain. You deserve to let it go and learn how to move forward with your life. It certainly helped me.
Holding onto past pain is like self-inflicted torture that can cause health issues as well as emotional issues. The truth is, when you cling to the past, you’re internally changing your present. You are making a choice to give up moving forward. You are staying stuck in the hurt.
How can something you’ve kept inside for so long just be let go? It’s not an easy task, but it can be done with a little effort and self-reflection.
Let Go of Past Pain and Ditch the Pain
Here are some ways you can let go of past pain and disappointment, so you can move forward with your head held high:
- Know what’s holding you back. What are you holding onto and why? Identify the things you’re keeping inside that you shouldn’t be. Then, figure out a more healthy way to deal with it.
- Talk it out. If the person who caused the hurt is still in your life, talk to them about the way they made you feel. If that person isn’t available, try to talk to a close friend or professional about the situation.
- Forgive and forget. It may sound easier said than done, but forgiving someone who has hurt you can be extremely therapeutic. Try to let things stay in the past and don’t allow them to affect your present.
- Make the first move. After all, this is the PresPlay Lifestyle – and we are all about moving forward. Remember, you’re in charge of your pain. You’re the one who carries it around with you and you’re the only one who can change its intensity. It’s up to you to take control of the pain and take the first step towards making yourself feel better.
- Acknowledge that your pain is real and that a positive solution exists.
- Confront the cause of the pain and do everything in your power to get rid of it.
- One of the more effective ways to move forward is to forgive the past. If you can’t change the past, you might as well learn to accept it and move on. You’ll be glad you did once you see just how bright your future can be.
Live Free of Pain
Make the conscious decision, today, to live your life free from pain and resentment. It is just one more step toward living a PressPlay Lifestyle.
Consider exploring our other self-reflection posts here: